What is CBG?
Cannabigerol (CBG) is a naturally occurring compound in cannabis and hemp plants. CBG is edible, non-psychoactive, and has numerous benefits to human beings. CBG has the same effects on the human body as CBD, CBGA, and THC, but it does not produce euphoria or impair judgment.
CBG is a cannabinoid compound found in plants of the genus Cannabis. Other cannabinoid compounds found in cannabis include cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Compared to CBD and THC, CBG exists in lower quantities in cannabis plants. In most cannabis plants, only 1% of CBG is present compared to 25 to 30% of CBD and THC.
How Does CBG Work?
CBG works by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system (ECS) has receptors responsible for regulating body functions, including appetite, mood, pain, and inflammation. By binding to the CB1 and CB2 receptors, CBG regulates these functions. CBG is suggested to help improve appetite and reduce pain and inflammation.
6 Powerful Benefits of CBG for Inflammation
CBG has been proposed to help increase appetite, which may help you improve your desire to eat if you have difficulty swallowing due to illness or stress. This may in turn also assist you in increasing the number of meals you consume.
A study conducted on a population of mice has been reported to prove that CBG has anti-inflammatory properties and can be used to treat inflammatory conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease. The researchers induced colitis into the mice subjects and then gave them CBG.
Cannabis plants purportedly have pain-relieving properties. The pain-relieving property of cannabis has long been associated with THC. However, CBG is thought to have better pain-relieving properties than THC though more research is required to be conclusive.
Research indicates that CBG contains antibacterial properties that can help fight bacterial infections such as MRSA. MRSA is a bacterial strain that is resistant to most antibacterial treatments. These bacterial properties can be manipulated to develop antibacterial treatment.
CBG contains properties that have been reported to help manage anxiety, and can behelpful in stress response. CBG and CBD are the breakdowns of Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). A high concentration of GABA is vital in regulating stress.
Improves Health Condition
Studies have shown that CBG can help improve various health conditions, including:
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is an eye condition that affects the optic nerve linking the eye and the brain. CBG can help treat due to its ability to reduce intraocular pressure.
- Huntington’s disease: Huntington’s disease is a neurodegenerative condition. Since CBG has neuroprotective properties, it can help treat Huntington’s disease.
- Cancer: A 2014 research on rats concluded that CBG could help reduce the growth of cancer cells. Additionally, CBG helps in reducing the pain caused by cancer.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: CBG components have anti-inflammatory properties. The anti-inflammatory property can help reduce inflammatory bowel disease.
- Bladder dysfunctions: Different cannabinoids have varying effects on constrictions of the bladder. A 2015 study showed a good result of CBG on bladder dysfunction treatment.
Side Effects of CBG
Taking CBG gummies might have some side effects on the body. These side effects include:
- Nausea: You may experience nausea after taking CBG gummies. Drinking plenty of water or taking anti-nausea medication can help.
- Dizziness: Taking high doses of CBG may cause dizziness. It is advisable to take low doses if you are new to CBG.
- Anxiety: Lowering the amount can help if you experience anxiety after taking CBG. Consult a doctor for further advice if the condition persists.
- Dry mouth: Dry mouth is a common side effect of taking CBG gummies. The situation is typical because CBG reduces saliva production.
Factors to Consider When Buying CBG Gummies
Keep the following in mind when choosing CBG gummies:
- Try Full Spectrum: It is critical to select a CBG gummy with full-spectrum CBD oil. Other cannabinoids are present in small amounts in full-spectrum CBD oil.
- Brand reputation: Reputable brands often offer quality products. Find a brand whose like Hemponix where all of our COAs are accessible.
How are CBG Gummies Consumed?
CBG gummies are consumed orally. It is advisable to start with low doses and increase gradually with time. Gradual increments shall enable you to find the correct dosage.
Keep in mind that some CBG gummies have additional ingredients such as sugar. Therefore, ensure that you read the label before usage.
Comparison Between CBG and Other Cannabinoid Compounds
CBG Vs. CBD
CBG and CBD are both non-intoxicating cannabinoid compounds found in the cannabis plant. Even though these two compounds share some common properties, they also have some differences. CBG and CBD have properties that may help in reducing anxiety, pain, and inflammation.
CBG is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that contains a medicinal value. On the other hand, CBD is a psychoactive cannabinoid that has properties that enable relaxation and calmness. This means that CBD produces a psychoactive response when consumed.
Another difference between CBG and CBD is that CBG is a serotonin blocker while CBD is a serotonin activator. Therefore, CBD can be used for anti-nausea and vomiting treatments. CBG, on the other hand, reverses the anti-nausea and vomiting effects.
CBG Vs. THC
CBG and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) interact with the endocannabinoid system but have different effects on the body. CBG is non-psychoactive and does not cause the “high” associated with consuming cannabis. On the other hand, THC is the principal psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis.
CBG is known for its medicinal properties and may be used for pain relief, anti-inflammatory, and stress response. THC is responsible for the “high” experienced when you consume cannabis. THC can also be used as a pain reliever and for reducing inflammations.
THC is a partial agonist on the CB1 receptors. THC binds to the CB1 receptors in the brain, which activates the effects of the euphoric high. The impact of euphoric high include relaxation, impaired judgment, excitement, and happiness.
CBG Vs. CBGA
CBG and CBGA have similar benefits to the body. Both may stimulate appetite, reduce pain and inflammation, provide antibacterial treatment, and reduce anxiety. In addition, a combination of CBG, CBGA, and CBDA has shown positive effects in treating metabolic disorders.
Cannabigevarin (CBGA) is the precursor to other cannabinoids like CBD and THC. Enzymes in the cannabis plant assist in converting CBGA into THC and CBD. CBGA is also the acid form of CBG.
The Bottom Line
Although the research on CBG is limited, studies have shown that CBG has several health benefits. CBG aids in the reduction of pain, inflammation, anxiety, and appetite stimulation, among other things. Besides, CBG does not cause the “high” experience from taking cannabis Sativa.
Are you in need of CBG or CBD cannabinoid? Get quality products from Hemponix. At Hemponix, we have excellent hemp products fresh from the farm. Shop now for superior products.