5 Reasons Why Your CBD Oil May Not Be Working
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring cannabinoid found in the hemp plant. Over the last decade, a virtual treasure trove of scientific and clinical studies has come to light, each highlighting the potential for CBD as a wellness and therapeutic aid.
Working with the body’s own endocannabinoid system, this little miracle compound works to promote balance and overall well-being. With consumers around the world heralding the cannabinoid for its purported positive impact on symptoms associated with stress, pain management, mood, achy muscles and joints, improved sleep, and more. You can find CBD products at Hemponix to enhance your own sense of well-being.
But not everyone seems to be benefiting from CBD. In this guide, we explore three key reasons why your CBD oil may not be working…and, more importantly, the changes you can make to ensure you’re getting the most from this natural supplement.
1. You’ve Got the Wrong Dosage
Improper dosage is one of the most common reasons people who try CBD oil claim it “doesn’t work” for them. However, as a supplement, CBD has no established dosing protocol that is a ‘one size fits all’ sort of thing. This can make it challenging to find the ‘sweet spot’ for your own personal needs.
What’s the ‘sweet spot’ you ask? This is the minimum dose needed to achieve desired effects for YOU.
If you are taking too little, it may not be effective. On the other hand, taking too much can also reduce effectiveness and may even result in adverse side effects.
Several factors can affect the dose of CBD needed for an individual to experience its potential benefits. These factors include:
- Weight: People who weigh more will generally require a higher dose of CBD to experience its effects.
- Age: As we age, our metabolism and body composition can change, affecting the amount of CBD needed.
- Gender: Men and women may respond differently to CBD due to differences in their endocannabinoid system and overall body composition.
- Reason for Use: Your specific reasons and needs regarding the use of CBD will also affect the dose needed. For example, someone with chronic pain may require a higher dose to achieve relief than someone using CBD to manage stress.
- Method of consumption: The method of consumption, such as oral, sublingual, or topical, can also affect the dose needed. For example, sublingual has a higher absorption rate than oral administration, while topicals tend only to work locally where applied.
It is important to note that everyone is unique, and what works for one person may not work for another. It may be necessary to experiment with different dosages to find what works best for you. CBD Tinctures are a convenient form that can be used in various dosages.
Getting Help with the Right Dosage
The best way to correct an improper dosage problem is to consult someone who knows how to calculate dosages. Your local dispensary or retailer who sells CBD oil should be able to help you or point you to someone who can help you.
If you can’t get that kind of help, start with the manufacturer’s recommended dosage. From then, double or triple the dosage every 2 hours until you’ve reached a point where you’re getting relief from your pain or discomfort but not feeling any ill effects. This is your new dosage.
And remember, it’s always recommended to speak with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement regimen.
2. You May Not Actually Be Taking CBD Oil
The CBD industry has seen blockbuster growth over the last decade. While this has been a good thing for both the industry and consumers, it has also opened up the doors for a lot of ‘fly by night’ profiteering companies doing very little to look out for the well-being of their customers.
This means that many substances out there are claiming to be “CBD oil” that aren’t actually the real thing. Without industry regulation, purchasing an imitator without carefully checking labels is easy.
Always Purchase from a Reputable Company with Third-Party Labs
The best way to ensure you’re getting quality CBD oil is to purchase it from a reputable retailer that provides evidence that third-party labs have tested their products.
This testing shows that the retailer you’re buying from is on the up-and-up and not trying to deceive you. It also shows you that the CBD oil you’re buying has everything in it that the bottle claims it does and nothing that shouldn’t be there.
CBD retailers (LIKE US) gladly provide proof of this third-party testing on our website, making it easy for you to determine which companies to buy from and which to avoid like the plague.
No matter what, it’s important that you, as the consumer, take the time to research the product you plan to buy and the retailer you plan to purchase from. A little time spent upfront will save you a lot of frustration, money, and time down the road when you have to find a new product to meet your needs.
3. Product Quality
This one is a bit of a no-brainer, but worth the mention due to its importance. The fact is, not all CBD is created equally, and there are plenty of vendors out there who cut corners for a profit at the expense of consumers.
The Importance of Product Quality When Choosing CBD:
- Potency: Poor quality CBD products may not contain the amount of CBD advertised on the label, which means you may not be getting the desired dose.
- Purity: Choosing a brand that uses pure, high-quality ingredients in its products is important. Some lower-quality products may contain contaminants such as pesticides, heavy metals, or other harmful substances.
- Safety: Poor quality CBD products may not undergo the necessary testing and quality control processes, which can put your health at risk.
- Effectiveness: If a CBD product is not of high quality, it is unlikely to be as effective as a pure, high-quality product.
It is important to research and choose a reputable brand that uses pure, high-quality ingredients and has its products independently tested to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Despite offering a host of potential health benefits, CBD is NOT a magic cure-all. Similarly, CBD does not tend to cause any type of ‘feeling’ in the same way that something psychoactive (such as THC) would.
But just because you don’t ‘feel it’ doesn’t mean it’s not working. For example, you can’t really ‘feel’ an aspirin or Tylenol, but you do notice their after-effects (i.e., pain relief).
Setting Realistic Expectations
It is important to have realistic expectations when using CBD so that you can better understand its potential benefits and limitations.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Individual differences: Everyone is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. Experimenting with different dosages and products may be necessary to find what works best for you.
- It may take time to see results: Some people may experience the benefits of CBD immediately, while others may take longer to see results. It is important to be patient and give the product time to work.
- It may not be a standalone solution: In some cases, CBD may be most effective when combined with other treatments or therapies.
By setting proper expectations, you can better understand CBD’s potential benefits and limitations and determine if it is the right option.
5. Other Factors
There are many factors that can affect the effectiveness of CBD, including your unique biochemistry, age, diet, and overall health. It may be necessary to consider these factors and make adjustments as needed.
Choose a Reputable Brand
Trying a new CBD product can be exciting but pay attention to a few key things to avoid experiencing buyer’s remorse.
Hemponix is a reputable brand that uses high-quality, pure ingredients and has its products independently tested to ensure you get the most benefit from your CBD product. It is also important to start with a low dose and gradually increase it as needed to find the right amount for you. Make sure to use the product consistently, as it may take time to see the full effects.
By following these and the other tips in this guide, you can increase your chances of experiencing the potential benefits of CBD while supporting your overall health and wellness.